8.31.2005

language you tricky beast

I keep using the word sapphic in my posts. It's meant to be tongue-in-cheek funny, some ironic way to say dyke, but I realized upon cruising some of my posts it just reads as the new agey second-wave term that it is.

Not that i'm going to stop, I just wonder how that word got to be part of my written language.

Also, upon perusal, realize that I'm a huge gay. Enormous. Can't stop talking about it. I don't entirely blame myself. Everytime I watch TV I'm awed at how gay obsessed it is. From the homophobic red-state-loving news teasers on ABC (the network I have unofficially deemed "most after the anti-gay-marriage set" for it's news coverage, homophobic "According to Jim" ads, and general lack of queer characters), to the constant reference to matters of the gays. Every other blind item on gawker is about a closeted celebrity. It's hard not to be gay obsessed -- I feel like ever since Ellen got her toaster TV and pop culture can't stop thinking about it. Which probably means they are gay.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home