9.30.2005

the weekend approaches.

I have declared it (to myself, here in this cubicle) the first weekend of fall. Because of the chill in the air. Because I did not run the air conditioner last night. Because it feels dark and I feel insular. The activities I crave are not dinner on the street, dancing in a hot bar -- but something involving a sweater, soup, a movie.

Tonight I will see Capote. But next up on the list are the new George Clooney thing. Red Eye (don't ask, I can't explain) and Flightplan (This one is more morbid curiosity. In an interview I tried for days to find a quote from but failed, Ms. Foster explained how this part was originally cast for a man, but the producers in all their wisdom realized two things. First, a man could never care so deeply about his child. Second, a man would never "lose it" in the way the film requires. She went on and on about how a man couldn't really go nuts, not the way a mother can. No wonder she's still closeted, Jodie still believes the wandering womb business. Fuck her.)

Pending and of Note:

Standing in the Way of Control -- the new Gossip album is *a*mazing. I'm so obsessed that I've given myself headaches the last three mornings listening to it too loud in my headphones on the way to work. It doesn't come out until January, but in the meantime they are releasing a Le Tigre remix of the title track. Which should make something in your upper leg area quiver. You can buy it at KRS Oct. 11th.





New Coco Rosie album. Haven't heard it yet -- you? Awaiting in the mail.



New Fiery Furnaces. I just read something that described it as grandmother music. Which made me hungry.


Antony&the Johnsons at Carnegie Hall Oct. 13th. Delicate and subversive music played in the sacred spaces of America's upper class. Genius. I'm going to wear a cocktail dress or a tie. You can vote.

3 Comments:

Blogger mp said...

gossip played the knit in la.
great show.

none of my friends like my old fiery furnances. one even hid my cd in my own car.
i hope the new cover is the color of my backseat.

a tie... with a cocktail dress.

is your cubicle filled with killer cd's?

3:51 PM  
Blogger Somerville Hound and Kitty Care said...

ooohh...lucky you. I saw A and the J's here, a few years ago (last year?). AMAZING.

12:29 PM  
Blogger good golly said...

my cubicle is actually bare minus two things.

1. a "some bunny in indiana loves you" postcard

2. a postcard featuring six men, mid-jump, practicing for a dance number in a bollywood film.

6:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home